Read Amy Jayne’s blog from her website: Amy Jayne Aesthetics
October has been such an exciting month for my business. I have taken on the lovely Lucy to help with all laser treatments, I have taken the plunge with a booking system and we have launched two amazing new facial treatments.
My blog today is going to be on one of the facials – The Illumi Facial
The illumiFacial is the “next generation” of the highly successful ‘Photofacial’ treatment, using a new and unique combination of specialist Lynton skincare products together with powerful, medical-grade Lynton IPL technology.
The reason why I am so excited to introduce this treatment to my clinic is it is something we can treat using the amazing machine that we have already. This quick and simple facial treatment dramatically improves skin tone and appearance, helping your skin feel and look its best.
Why Choose an illumiFacial
- Reduce Acne
- Wrinkles (Collagen)
- Skin Tone
- Soft and Smooth Complexion
The Facial is a 4 Stage Treatment
- The first step is achieving a clear, healthy, radiant skin and will involve a deep cleanse using a specialist formulation to remove any impurities.
- Following a deep cleanse, a unique Tri-Fruit Acid Lynton Fruit Peel will be applied to your skin, for any-where between 3-10 minutes. This peel resurfaces skin texture and decongests pores, priming the skin ready for stage 3 for illumiFacial.
- After the fruit peels, your skin will be at its optimum condition for the application of the award-winning Lynton Intense Pulse Light (IPL) treatment. This works by both stimulating collagen and targeting any discolouration on your skin e.g. freckles, pigmentation, vascular breakouts, general redness. In most cases, the results are instant, providing you with dramatically clear, firmer skin.
- To help maximise the results of your illumiFacial treatment, a trio of specialist serums will be applied to your skin post-IPL, helping to soothe, regenerate and protect your skin.
For best results, you are looking at 2-4 treatments and the treatment should be between 30-60 minutes. It is also advised to come to the appointment with no makeup on at all.
Who is Suitable for Treatment?
The treatment is perfect for anyone whose skin exhibits congestion, discolouration and visible signs of ageing, however, a full consultation is carried out prior to treatment to ascertain your suitability and individual treatment needs. We do offer free consultations beforehand in order to discuss this. A full treatment plan will then be tailored to treat your specific concerns, aiming to improve the appearance, feel and health of your skin.
The illumiFacial is a very quick, comfortable treatment which is designed to provide you with ‘optimum skin health’. Some people will feel a slight tingling sensation when the fruit peel is first applied, but it very quickly subsides. The IPL aspect of this treatment can sometimes be mildly uncomfortable – most people describe the discomfort as feeling like a ‘quick pinprick’ and ‘warm feeling’ which is all very tolerable.
You may experience a superficial tingling feeling on the skin and you may see a darkening of pigment spots before they flake away – this means the treatment has worked perfectly in providing you with a more even, flawless skin tone. As well as clearer, healthier skin, you will also experience an ongoing improvement to the firmness and plumpness of your skin in the following months post-treatment, as new collagen is stimulated deep within the skin tissue.
Lucy has come into the clinic and taken this treatment by storm, Lucy has already been labelled as the #illumiQueen and the results and feedback so far are just amazing. A patch test is required beforehand and as long as the skin responds well, we would then get you booked in for 1 week after the patch test.
For more information on the illumiFacial please get in touch today.